Trade Unionists Against the EU
TUAEU believes that the time is right to offer the peoples of Britain an alternative view of Europe outside of the EU.
The working peoples of Europe are clearly not happy with the direction the EU is taking. The failure of the mainstream parties to represent this feeling has led to a political vacuum.
We want to see a Europe of democratic states that value public services and does not offer them to profiteers; a Europe that guarantees the rights of workers and does not put the interests of big business above that of ordinary people.
We believe this is not possible within the EU.
1. Yes to workers’ rights
2. No to TTIP
3. Exit the EU on the basis of socialist policies (ETUC believe in exiting the EU, without caveat’s)
4. Keep Britain out of the Eurozone (ETUC believe in keeping England out of the Eurozone)
5. No to austerity whether from Brussels or Britain
6. Reject EU treaties that curtail democracy, encourage social dumping and demand privatisation
7. No to EU policies that privatise our transport and postal services (ETUC believe in policies that get give us the best services)
8. No to the EU-US Trade Agreement which threaten our NHS
9. No to unequal EU trade agreements
10. Scrap EU rules designed to stop member states from implementing independent economic policies
11. Develop sustainable manufacturing, agriculture and fishing industries in Britain (ETUC believe in develop sustainable industries in England)
12. Repeal anti-trade union EU court rulings and rules which undermine collective agreements. (ETUC believe current regulations on collective bargaining restricts choice, people should be allowed to join a trade union of their choice, and have their views equally represented in collective bargaining. To This aim ETUC believe employer’s should be required to set up a Trade Union Council, made up with members from each union which as members in the workplace, this trade union council will then act as the bargaining unit with the employer.)
13. No to racism and fascism
14. Yes to international solidarity of working peoples
15. No to EU militarisation and an EU army